Tuesday 8 February 2011

Lots of Love

Hello!!

Long time no speak! I'm 34 weeks now & it has gone so fast! I don't feel prepared at all, I finish work this week though so hopefully with a bit of extra time on my hands I can start preparing for baby & visit my craft room a little more often!

I only seem to make cards specifically for an occasion these days & this one is no exception - it's a valentine (as if you hadn't guessed!) for my lovely, but rather stressed, OH. He's under a lot of pressure at work at the moment & it doesn't help having a hormonal witch to cope with too!! (yes, that would be me!!) So this is my card to demonstrate that despite everything I love him loads...



I had a completely different idea for this card when I first started, can you guess what it was? I sort of imagined my two wee Hanglars as peas in a pod & scoured the internet looking for pea-related sentiments...

Finally settling for 'You Make Me Hap-pea...' I then embarked on my search for the perfect PPs in my stash... only to find... zip, nada...a big fat NOTHING apart from some very boring christmas paper in a shade vaguely relating to the colour I'd used on my image...

SO (deep breath) after much thought & over a couple of nights I FINALLY produced this... & yes, the paper piecing did take ages!!!!

A few challenges this week fit the theme of my card & I would like to enter it for

Cupcake Craft Challenge
- Seeing Red
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Hearts gone wild!
Papertake weekly challenge - Have a Heart

Thank you so much for looking & hopefully I'll be back soon with another creation

{Hugs}

Nikki xxx

8 comments:

  1. Great card for all that effort you had to put into it! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - I love it - so clever !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just so beautiful and I love how you have put all those flowers at the bottom. It was well worth all that hard work.

    Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is so beautiful, Nikki! I love the images and colours of your card and all those flowers, so beautiful! Fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! :)
    You have done magnificent work with all those stamps! :)

    Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah this is gorgeous Nikki.... lucky hubby

    hugs Troy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that card it just gorgeous Nikki!! Time has flown not long now!
    Thanks for the comments on my blog :) That trim is over on Sarah's Cards in lots of different colours, that was the first time I had used it and I love it so going to be getting more!
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete