Thursday 25 February 2010

A card for Mum...


Hello! Blogging again after what seems like ages...there really aren't enough hours in the day for what I'd like to achieve... mostly because one of my main aspirations is just having a few hours to sit in front of the box & CHILL... it's my primary objective in life!!

However I managed to drag myself off the sofa and create something for Mother's day which meets the challenge over on Secret Crafter. The sketch is from this week's Sketchy Colors challenge.

The light is so dull at the moment isn't it? I couldn't even take a decent pic with a halogen lamp blazing about 6 inches away from the card!! Mind it's probably to do with angles or summink as to why it still looks so dark, I really know nothing about photography!

The cutest Sarah Kay image from Stampavie got an airing for a change, with papers from K&Co & a few paper flowers which also qualifies this project for the Totally Gorguss challenge.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to look & comment on my work,

Have a good day!

10 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card Nikki I am sure your Mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nikki. Love the distressed look and your shading is stunning! Those papers are soo pretty - love em!

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter, I hope we see you again real soon! Good luck in the draw

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at TG
    Love sarah W XXX
    p.s. only 2 days left to enter my first blog candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza girlie! I love coming to your blog! This is just gorgeous! Love the papers, the image, and the pretty distressing! Great card!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh such a gorgeous card!
    Love the motif, colors and details!!
    Thank you for joining us at SC,
    hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love that image and those papers. And lovely flowers.

    Kat x

    ps I have blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Nikki! beautifully coloured hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simpyl stunning - beautiful
    Hugs Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous card- everything about it is stunning!!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete